Simply and Cost-Effectively Accelerate Metro Service Delivery
The Metro Networking Solution from BTI Systems provides a flexible infrastructure for reliable service delivery, massive scalability and greater reach. Converging packet and optical layers within a single platform, the BTI Metro Networking Solution integrates Carrier Ethernet technologies with a “touch-less” WDM optical layer and service-centric management to:
- Simplify operations
- Lower costs
- Enhance service delivery
This convergence means fewer network elements to manage, for easier service provisioning and faster time-to-service. It also eliminates the need for dedicated service overlays that inevitably add cost and complexity.
Much more than just high-capacity transport, BTI’s Metro Networking Solution delivers Layer 0/1/2 integration with a service-oriented approach that supports interoperability and full performance monitoring. This is key to the delivery of high-quality services and to service differentiation in today’s competitive marketplace.
As the network footprint expands to support high-quality offerings to mobile operators and businesses as well as backhaul of broadband traffic, BTI’s solution helps better leverage existing assets and reclaim fiber to keep costs low while maintaining the ability to adapt to changing business demands.
Information & Resources:
The BTI Metro Networking Solution offers a full suite of network building blocks to support multiprotocol optical and packet connectivity, integration of legacy network solutions and more. The primary solution components include:
- The BTI proNX Management and Control Software, a critical component of BTI's Applications Controlled Networking (ACN) architecture, is a highly scalable centralized software platform, that discovers, abstracts and normalizes multi-vendor, multi-layer complexity from the network and makes this information available for applications and system integrations through open APIs.
- The BTI 7800 Series provides a seamless upgrade path from 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps wavelength capacities with industry-leading scale, density and performance. Leveraging BTI's 100G Coherent solution, combined with the BTI Dynamic Optical Layer and BTI proNX Management and Control Software, service providers can increase network capacity, gain 10X spectral efficiency, reduce space, power and cooling cost to simplify and accelerate deployment of higher margin services.
- The BTI 7000 Series addresses the increasing demand for packet-based services, greater optical capacity, dynamic networking and management simplicity and it provides an optimal foundation for combining WDM and Carrier Ethernet service delivery. The flagship platform of BTI's Metro Networking Solution, the BTI 7000 Series provides a wide variety of client service modules for C/WDM, network adaptation, reach extension, Ethernet switching and more.
- The BTI 800 Series is a compact, multiservice, carrier-grade platform designed to deliver both Ethernet and TDM-based connectivity in support of enterprise business and wireless provider mobile backhaul service applications. Its small form factor, low power and temperature resilient architecture is ready to be installed at wireless towers or customer premises to solve space and power challenges, deliver high performance scalable services and reduce operational costs.
- The BTI 700 Series provides intelligent demarcation, extension and aggregation of Ethernet and IP-based voice, video and data services. With multiple small form-factor configurations for cost-effective and rapid service delivery, the BTI 700 Series delivers Ethernet connectivity through the access network directly to customer premises, allowing providers to extend Ethernet services to business customers, cell towers, outside plant deployments and multi-tenant campuses.
Information & Resources:
BTI’s Metro Networking Solution unifies optical and packet layers into one platform. Integrating Carrier Ethernet technologies with a “touch-less” optical layer and service-centric management simplifies service delivery and provides high operational value.
Streamlines operations by converging packet and optical layers with service-centric management features in a single platform, enabling easier service provisioning and faster-time-to-service.
Permits networks to be deployed with minimal CAPEX and increment capacity at the lowest cost per transported bit as capacity requirements grow. Ultra-compact platforms make efficient use of precious Rack Units (RUs) and extended temperature capabilities allow for deployment in a variety of environments.
Migration Path To 100G
Increases scale, density and performance while reducing footprint and power constraints with high capacity BTI 7800 Series multiplexing and reach extension architectures leveraging new 10G SFP+ and 100G Coherent optics.
Low power requirements in the range of 150W—much less than for today’s servers—reducing data center cooling and power requirements.
Reduces the time and cost associated with training, installation, provisioning and maintenance with intuitive network management and strategic planning tools. Organizations can expedite OAM&P with direct control of the network—instead of relying on service provider infrastructure.