Data Center Interconnect
Deliver Massive Scalability with Ultra-Low Latency at Low Cost
The Data Center Interconnect Solution from BTI Systems provides industry-leading 10G to 100G density in a compact footprint with low power consumption. BTI's highly flexible metro networking service infrastructure responds instantly and efficiently to changing conditions, ensuring mission-critical information is always available and always secure. BTI's data center-optimized packet optical solutions significantly reduce network latency and accelerate the flow of data, providing a critical advantage to online businesses.
BTI's Data Center Interconnect Solution enables service providers to expand offerings with high-capacity private line services for virtualization between data centers, business continuity/disaster recovery operations and cloud networking-even between third-party data centers. Built upon cost-effective, compact, scalable and easy-to-deploy platforms, the BTI Data Center Interconnect Solution delivers optimum speed without sacrificing stability and quality.
Information & Resources:
With BTI's Data Center Interconnect Solution, service and content providers can ensure their customers receive 24x7 availability, high-performance and low-latency service offerings. The primary solution components include:
- The BTI proNX Management and Control Software, a critical component of BTI's Applications Controlled Networking (ACN) architecture, is a highly scalable centralized software platform, that discovers, abstracts and normalizes multi-vendor, multi-layer complexity from the network and makes this information available for applications and system integrations through open APIs.
- The BTI 7800 Series provides a seamless upgrade path from 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps wavelength capacities with industry-leading scale, density and performance. Leveraging BTI's 100G Coherent solution, combined with the BTI Dynamic Optical Layer and BTI proNX Management and Control Software, service providers can increase network capacity, gain 10X spectral efficiency, reduce space, power and cooling cost to simplify and accelerate deployment of higher margin services.
- The BTI 7000 Series addresses the increasing demand for packet-based services, greater optical capacity, dynamic networking and management simplicity and it provides an optimal foundation for combining WDM and Carrier Ethernet service delivery. The flagship platform of BTI's Metro Networking Solution, the BTI 7000 Series provides a wide variety of client service modules for C/WDM, network adaptation, reach extension, Ethernet switching and more.
Information & Resources:
Simplified Operations, Management and Provisioning
Single integrated element, network and service capacity management platform that simplifies operations, accelerates capacity provisioning and lowers operational cost.
Market Leading Density
Provides market leading 10Gbps and 100Gbps density, taking up less rack space and drawing lower power than comparable solutions. Leveraging a compact highly scalable platform also reduces infrastructure costs and provides significant operational cost savings.
Increased Scale, Capacity and Performance
Leverages 10G SFP+ and 100G Coherent optics, providing a migration path to increased scale, density and performance while reducing footprint and power constraints.
Scaling Simplicity and Flexibility
Offers multiple integrated chassis options and multi-shelf configuration options with seamless scalability from 1Gbps to 9.6 Tbps of wavelength capacity to meet changing performance demands.
Built on five principles to ensure optimized network connectivity:
- Engineered Approach: The solution and client service modules have optimized architectures, eliminating superfluous components and ensuring rapid transmission to the WAN
- Simplified Transmission: Leveraging Layer 1 for high bandwidth, dedicated channels, limited payload processing and connection security, BTI’s transponder-based solutions provide time-efficient wavelength translation and signal regeneration for rapid delivery
- Efficient Signal Processing: Transmitting native client protocols directly on a wavelength eliminates latency associated with SONET/SDH or G.709 OTN encapsulation and other signal processing and monitoring features that add latency
- Optimized Reach: The solution leverages “near-0” latency technologies for reach extension, including Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFAs) and Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) dispersion compensation
- High Capacity: WDM “virtual fiber” provides network scalability and up to 10Gbps-per-channel bandwidth to ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical network connections
Interoperable with SAN Infrastructure
Interoperable with SAN infrastructures at 1Gbps, 2Gbps, 4Gbps and 10Gbps Fibre Channel rates and provides multiprotocol and transparent WDM connectivity that support key data center SAN and NAS protocols.
Integrated Packet and Optical
Unifies the optical and packet layers into one platform. Integrating Carrier Ethernet technologies with a touchless optical layer and service-centric management simplifies service delivery and provides high operational value.
Deployed, Proven and Certified
Extensive field deployments in the enterprise and service provider markets for data center connectivity, including within the mission-critical banking, insurance, gaming, cloud computing and manufacturing verticals as well as the utility industry.