As the move toward packet-based technology accelerates, so does providers' adoption of Carrier Ethernet, because of the performance and economic benefits it affords. The BTI 7000 Series packetVX (PVX) client service modules provide an innovative approach for rapid delivery of Carrier Ethernet-based services.
Integrated into a BTI 7000 Series platform, packetVX provides high-performance Ethernet service access and switching, and high-capacity Gbps and 10 Gbps aggregation onto n x 10 Gbps rings, coupling packet switching functionality with G.709 OTN and Wavelength Division Multi-plexing (WDM) for a simplified to service delivery.
Managed as a module within the BTI 7000 Series platform, the packet service delivery capabilities dramatically simplify operations, management and provisioning of residential, mobile backhaul, broadband aggregation and Ethernet business services using a converged network approach.
8 XFP-based WAN ports
20 SFP-based and 4 RJ45-based client ports with 4 XFP-based WAN ports
20 SFP-based and 4 RJ45-based client ports with 2 XFP-based WAN ports
10 SFP-based and 2 RJ45-based client ports with 2 XFP-based WAN ports
The BTI PVX family consists of several modules, as shown above. Pluggable SFP, 10G XFP, and tunable XFP optics enable PVX modules to connect GbE and 10GbE over fiber and ITU-T WDM wavelengths. Software selectable G.709 OTN capabilities add FEC/EFEC for extended reach, optical layer performance monitoring, and an in-band management communications capability.
BTI packetVX Benefits to Service Providers:
- Simplified Carrier Ethernet technology - increased service scalability, clear lines of demarcation between provider and customer, SLA monitoring, and extensive OAM functionality all help simplify delivery of Ethernet services
- Complete Ethernet OAM - Full connectivity, fault, and performance management capabilities provide ease of operations and save opex
- High availability - Support for ITU-T G.8032, stacking, and Link Aggregation Groups helps ensure sub-50ms resiliency and high levels of service availability
- MEF certified - Certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum, BTI PVX modules' compliance to MEF 9 and 14 technical specifications is assured
- Service differentiation - extensive bandwidth management support, including per-flow packet classification, policing, marking, and mapping, enables tailored and differentiated services to meet diverse customer needs
Resources to learn more about BTI packetVX: