BTI Multiprotocol Muxponders
BTI 7000 Series Multiprotocol Muxponders aggregate services for a wide variety of protocols onto resilient, high capacity 10G wavelengths. Flexible wavelength encapsulation strategies and innovative ring functionality converge distributed add/drop capabilities with the WDM layer and also provide rapid protection switching.
The BTI Multiprotocol Muxponders serve as client interfaces for the BTI 7000 Series to subtending equipment. By aggregating multiple, lower rate client signals into a higher rate wavelength, BTI Muxponders can eliminate stranded capacity and ensure more efficient use of the WDM spectrum.
The BTI family of muxponders consists of several variants:
- 10-port Multiprotocol Muxponder (10-port MXP)
- 8-port Multiprotocol Muxponder (8-port MXP)
- 2-port GbE Muxponder (2-port GbE MXP)
BTI Multiprotocol Muxponder Benefits to Service Providers:
- Multiprotocol support - a comprehensive mix of data, storage, TDM, and video protocols including GbE, Fibre Channel, FICON, SONET/SDH, SD and HD video and more are efficiently aggregated for wavelength transport
- Flexible line mapping - OTN and SONET/SDH line mapping enable efficient multiplexing, provisioning, and switching of services and facilitate interoperability among deployed SONET/SDH and OTN networks.
- Simplified provisioning and sparing - use of standards-based SFP, XFP and tunable XFP, optics as well as software programmable ports enable flexible deployment of BTI MXPs
- Distributed Add/Drop Networking - SONET/SDH ring-based architectures and the integrated switch fabric allows the MXP's wavelength to be shared among multiple sites and client signals to be connected to any location
- Integrated WAN protection - a variety of network protection mechanisms are supported to meet diverse customer requirements and line mapping strategies
- Extensive performance monitoring - extensive optical and protocol performance metrics provide superior network and service visibility
Resources to learn more about BTI Multiprotocol Muxponders: