BTI Dynamic Optical Layer
The BTI Dynamic Optical Layer (DOL) helps address the explosion of high-bandwidth video and mobile broadband applications by increasing the agility of metro and regional area networks and operationally simplifying the delivery of Ethernet and wavelength services, video, and Over-the-Top content to effectively meet customer demands.
Combining reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexing (ROADM), reach extension and end-to-end service- and path-centric management, the BTI DOL greatly enhances network automation; it delivers a "touchless" and modular architecture purpose-built to simplify the design, installation, operation and optimization of metro service networks.
The BTI DOL consists of ROADM-on-a-Blade (ROB) modules for flexible, point-and-click wavelength routing and DWDM Line Amplifier (DLA) modules for reach extension, both in extremely compact form factors. An Intelligent Control System-integrated on both modular elements-enables plug-and-play operation to simplify network planning, deployment, service provisioning, and ongoing optimization and power management.
These elements combine to support a full-40 wavelength (400 Gbps) system capacity offering "any-wavelength anywhere" add/drop access, automated network equalization and per-channel performance monitoring metrics.
Dynamic Optical Layer benefits to service providers:
- Metro aggregation optimization - provides compact form factor and efficient fit into valuable rack space, for deployment closer to the network edge, where re-configurability and channel access matters most
- Investment security - supports future-proof, bandwidth flexible metro networks that will easily accommodate forthcoming 400 Gbps or 1 Tbps transmissions alongside 10G, and 40/100G services without wasting spectrum.
- Comprehensive yet cost-effective service delivery - supports full suite of high capacity, low latency Ethernet and wavelength services while simplifying operations and replacing truck rolls with mouse clicks at the NOC.
- Maximized revenue potential - eliminates stranded capacity and ensures network efficiency; serves a larger geographic footprint to maximize the addressable market
- Enhanced customer responsiveness - simplifies provisioning and expedites service delivery with enhanced automation, activation and service-centric operations
Resources to learn more about BTI Dynamic Optical Layer:
- BTI Dynamic Optical Layer datasheet
- The Dynamic Optical Layer: Simplified Network, Magnified Results white paper