Senior System Verification Engineer (Packet)
BTI's System Verification Team currently has an opportunity for a Senior System Verification Engineer within their packet group. Reporting to the Director of System Verification, you will provide system verification to support ongoing development efforts of packet based optical products.
- System verification testing of Ethernet switching, and associated network management platforms for BTI products;
- Creating system level test plans for Ethernet switching products;
- Writing, executing and debugging automated test environments;
- Recording testing progress and entering bug reports as required;
- Providing guidance on optimal verification coverage in consultation with design engineers;
- Providing expert guidance for new Ethernet feature testing methodologies.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science coupled with 5+ years of experience testing carrier Ethernet products;
- Experience with one of Ixia, Spirent or Agilent test equipment is required;
- Excellent understanding of Carrier Ethernet standards 802.1ad, 802.1ah, 802.1ag;
- Excellent understanding of Metro Ethernet Standards including MEF9, MEF14 and MEF25;
- Good knowledge of optical networking concepts;
- Excellent knowledge of automated test methodologies for testing;
- Experience with automation scripting in TCL or equivalent is required
- An understanding of software development cycles;
- Excellent communications skills - verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently and creatively when blocked;
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel and basic IP networking;
If you have the right expertise, energy to succeed, we'd love to hear from you. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in BTI Systems. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.