Senior System Verification Engineer/Technical Lead (Transport)
BTI's System Verification Team has an immediate opening for an experienced System Verification Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to utilize their hands-on technical expertise while providing technical leadership to a small verification team focused on BTI's Transport products.
Reporting to the Director of System Verification, you will provide system and product verification and technical leadership to support ongoing development efforts of optical transport products.
- Providing hands-on technical leadership in all aspects of testing, verification, reliability and performance of software for BTI's carrier grade optical transport products;
- Participate in the technical work within the team by overseeing projects and by directly contributing to the technical aspects of deliverables;
- Work with development to identify technical issues and assist in providing timely solutions;
- Report on testing metrics, concerns and issues during testing;
- Work with design leads to design optimal verification coverage for Transport products;
- Work with the automation team to provide guidance on automating transport test coverage;
- Provide project status reports to Director, System Verification and identify potential delays in project schedules;
- Meet regularly with team to disseminate project and status information.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science coupled with 5+ years of experience testing optical transport products;
- Expert experience in creating, executing and recording system verification test cases;
- Experience with one of Exfo, Ixia, Spirent or Agilent test equipment is required;
- Excellent understanding of OTN, Sonet/SDH protocols;
- Excellent understanding of optical networking concepts;
- Excellent understanding of automation methodologies for testing;
- Good understanding of software development cycles;
- Proven ability to effectively manage a technical team and/or project;
- Inspires team to achieve high performance and pursue excellence;
- Excellent communications skills - verbal and written;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to deliver on given responsibilities and effectively lead a team of testers;
- Must be able to work independently and creatively when blocked.
If you have the right expertise, energy to succeed, we'd love to hear from you. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in BTI Systems. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.