Junior to Intermediate Software Developers
BTI has immediate openings within their Ottawa Team for highly experienced and highly skilled software developers to develop leading edge, innovative solutions for content service providers as they architect tomorrow’s networks to address problems that they have yet to encounter. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded entity with established lead-customers and capitalize on deep expertise to develop solutions not constrained by current platforms, designs and embedded technologies.
In this newly created role you will be responsible for developing new features for our innovative, Cloud Connect platform including:
- Producing detailed functional and design specifications for new features;
- Developing in C++, adhering to best coding practices & quality standards;
- Troubleshooting problems on the platform and coordinating resolution with system designers;
- Researching new technologies and recommending solutions for future product evolution.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field;
- 3-5 years software engineering experience;
- 2+ years’ experience in software development with C++ (or other OOP languages);
- Development experience with Linux;
- Strong object oriented design knowledge;
- Experience in the following is considered a definite asset:
- Python scripting experience (other scripting languages accepted)
- Networking experience, especially in packet optical networking
- Agile Development experience
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to work in a geographically distributed team.
If you have the right expertise, energy to succeed we’d love to hear from you. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in BTI Systems. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.