We have an immediate need for an experienced and results oriented Financial Analyst to join the business support team within the Finance organization, responsible for consolidating and analysing inventory and cost, gross margins, OPEX and capital expenditures and tracking and reporting on variances to plan for Operations and Engineering.
The successful candidate will:
- Ongoing inventory and cost analysis, including but not limited to: calculating and analyzing excess & obsolete inventory, standard cost build up, cost reduction and price erosion measurement and gross margin analysis.
- Monthly analysis of Gross Margins, OPEX and Capital expenditures and tracking variances to plan.
- Owns the month-end close process, including, but not limited to: journal entries preparation and posting, account reconciliations and analysis for Operations and Engineering.
- Prepares weekly Inventory and Finance Dashboards.
- Identifies, investigates and corrects errors in a timely manner to ensure the validity of financial data for inventory and OPEX expenses.
- Prepares government funding program claims including SR&ED and others as required.
- Supports ongoing Budget and Forecasting processes.
- Manages several concurrent projects with tight deadlines, including independent project work.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance and 3-6 years of cost and inventory accounting experience or equivalent is preferred, as is experience in a fast-paced, hi-tech environment and experience with government funding program claims. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills involving pivot tables and macros is a must coupled with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
If you are a flexible, adaptable self-starter who can multitask, thrives on challenge and thrives in a fast-paced environment, we'd love to hear from you. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in BTI. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.