BTI Systems Corporate Headquarters is currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts Manager to manage the company's contractual business relationships (including complex technology agreements), safeguard the company's interests while maintaining positive customer and partner relationships, and handle a wide range of legal matters as required.
Reporting directly to legal counsel and working closely with corporate management, product managers, sales managers, customer/partner law department and outside counsel as necessary, the Contracts Manager will:
- Conduct reviews of third party legal agreements to provide internal clients with feedback on issues relating to finance, supply chain, logistics, export/import compliance, PLM etc.
- Conduct research
- Liaise with all departments to capture and facilitate legal agreements such as NDAs and evaluation, supplier/vendor, software licensing, manufacturing, sales, reseller and referral agreements
- Guide and mentor Contract Administrator towards attainment of personal, department and organizational goals
- Liaise with outside counsel as required
- Maintain a current library of standard form agreements
- Manage the Contract Administrator in maintaining legal databases for all signed contracts, including maintaining a diary system to track expiry dates; drafting notices to internal clients of need for renewals and other actions, preparing renewals, extensions and amendments for agreements
- Manage the Contract Administrator in maintaining the legal filing and records system
- Manage incoming requests for legal assistance
- Manage the contracting process through bid and proposal/RFP, negotiation, drafting, execution, compliance and reporting
- Provide research and assistance with administration and processing documents for patent and trademark files including tracking of IP status
- Respond to general requests from internal clients relating to finance, supply chain, logistics, export/import compliance, PLM etc.
- Provide copies of documents or summaries as requested
- Track and review invoices from outside counsel (against estimate, where provided)
- Review trademark and copyright requirements for read me, technical documentation and marketing collateral
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years practical experience acquired at a technology corporation
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment and discretion
- Advanced computing skills
- Demonstrated appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications, interest in technology and leadership capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - highly capable in message formulation, organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Bachelor or Masters Degree and/or professional certification an asset
If you are committed to excellence, passionate, dedicated, inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, we'd love to hear from you. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in BTI Systems. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.